The HVS-63S GCB with SF6 interrupting technology for short-circuit currents up to 63 kA and rated currents up to 7,150 A suitable for generators of up to 200 MW. Based on the well-proven HVR-63 technology, the new GCB is a full system-type with the following features:
- Built-in erosion monitoring feature for real-time visual indication of the remaining time to service
- HMB-1 spring drive offers 50 percent less energy demand compared to mid-sized GCB
- Combined disconnector and earthing and starting switch allows use of only one operating mechanism per pole
- Low SF6 content of only 5.1 kg for three poles, with low leakage rate of less than 0.1 percent per year
- Innovative breaking chamber with double main contacts for higher stability of resistance during maintenance span (20 years or 10,000 close-open operations).
- Compact design fits into a standard 20-feet container for easy transportation and handling.