ITM is our in-house global manufacturing system developed specifically for Transformers that contains a set of clearly defined elements focused on organizational behaviors, proven processes, best practices, tools, and methods.
As a leader in the industry, Hitachi ABB Power Grids designed ITM to drive sustainable performance in the key manufacturing parameters of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost (SQDIC).
It defines how we operate to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
ITM addresses the main challenges in Transformer manufacturing, like:
- Operational challenges – ITM drives a continuous improvement mindset of performance and cost.
- Organizational challenges – ITM provides operating principles, organizational standards & behaviors, cross-functional collaboration and best practice sharing.
- Strategic challenges – ITM is based on the foundation of Strategy Deployment, the process for executing our strategy, and focuses on the way we want to work in the future across all our global Transformer facilties.
The benefits of ITM include:
- Improved performance in safety, quality, and on-time customer delivery
- Increased productivity, employee engagement and improved people capabilities
- Driving standardization, process improvement, waste reduction & cost take-out