Insulators are used in electrical equipment to support and separate electrical conductors without allowing current to pass through the insulators. Silicone rubber is the most widely used polymeric insulation material for high voltage products. Our composite insulators have excellent performance in all climates and harsh conditions such as coastal, desert and industrial environments.
Composite insulators with silicone rubber insulation possess unique properties and are installed all over the world. Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a wide range of insulators, and together with our flexible production method can deliver composite insulators that will meet your requirements.
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
- Explosion-proof for maximum safety
- Non-brittle material with reduced risk of damage during handling
- Leakage current control through hydrophobicity
- Excellent insulation for reduced creepage
- Flashover resistance
- Outstanding seismic performance for safety and reliability
- Low weight for cost savings
- Maintenance-free and outstanding pollution performance
- UV stability
- For high voltage applications and substations