Hitachi ABB Power Grids e-mesh™ Solutions for Island Utilities
Reliable power through locally available renewable energy sources, and reduced fossil fuel reliance
Many remote islands across the world don’t have access to reliable sources of electricity or aren’t connected to power grids at all. To produce electricity, these islands rely heavily on expensive fossil fuels that are uncertain and harmful to both the environment and community members.
Our Ability e-mesh™ solution offers reliable microgrid and energy storage tailored to suit the ecological sensitivities of island economies. The e-mesh™ solution helps island communities harness locally available resources to generate power and gives them the ability to manage and control these distributed energy resources.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids' unique microgrid and energy storage solutions ensure the highest possible renewable energy penetration into existing or isolated grids, reducing CO2 emissions as well as dependency on fossil fuel supplies.
- Maximizes fuel savings through the highest possible renewable integration
- Ensures uninterrupted power supply by responding fast to power losses, providing spinning reserve to generators
- Optimized cost by reducing number of generators required
- High power quality by stabilizing the power systems against fluctuations in voltage and frequency
- Efficiently manages, monitors and analyzes field assets by cloud-based remote service
- Ensures reliable, stable and quality power availability
- Achieves a secure and sustainable energy mix, together with energy efficiency
- Fulfills health, safety and environmental appropriateness
- Fast and safe installation and commissioning on-site, with reduced footprint
- Engineered for rugged environments and extreme weather conditions