The utility-grade multiplexer FOX515 is used to build reliable communication networks for all types of utility service.
- As an access multiplexer FOX515 aggregates traffic from local services, for feeding into high-capacity transport equipment to build up nation-wide backbone networks.
- As multi-purpose equipment FOX515 can also provide capacity to transport locally collected services throughout the utility communication network.
- FOX515 is a universal communication platform based on TDM-technology (time division multiplexing).
The modular architecture supports:
- SDH up to STM-4 (622 Mbit/s) of transport capacity.
- PDH for voice and legacy data services
- Specific utility services such as teleprotection interfaces based on IEEE C37.94 or hard - wired commands
- IP/ Ethernet services for operational and corporate applications
- Hardware and traffic protection schemes