Integrated Testing Tool ITT600
SA Explorer Ver. 2.0 SP1
A new version (2.0 SP1) of Integrated Testing Tool ITT600 SA Explorer has been released.
The tool provides extensive functionality for testing, commissioning and maintenance of IEC 61850 based substation automation systems
New features introduced in Ver.20 SP1 versus Ver2.0
- No features are introduced with this service pack.
Improvements in ITT600 SA Explorer 2.0 SP1
- When simulating an IED, its IP address is now added to the selected Network Interface Card (NIC). The existing IP Address is not changed anymore. In previous version, the whole IP address settings of the NIC were changed.
- The selected NIC for IED simulation is shown in the status bar of ITT600 Explore IEDs
- All attributes are now initialized with a default value after the simulation has been started. All CSWI/XCBR Logical Nodes (LN) are simulated as “Open”, CILO LN Open / Close interlocked is set to “false” and the command authority is set to “Station”.
- When simulating an Ed.1 IEDs, missing trigger options are added for all required attributes. In previous versions the trigger options were only added for Attributes with references to a Dataset located in LLN0
- Improved MMS file transfer service support for simulated IEDs.
- IEDs with more than 500 GOOSE inputs can be simulated.
- The progress bar when starting the IED simulation now disappears when the simulation is ready.
- The status of Logical Nodes (connected, simulated, offline) is now synchronized between the “By Subnetworks” and “By Substation” tree views.
- The corresponding Dataset name is shown next to the Report Control Block name in the treeview
- Unique Report ID (RptID) is set when enabling a buffered or unbuffered Report and therefore also the Client column of the Eventlist is filled.
- Commands for VSGGIO (DPStatus) are now supported.
- Disable all substituted values works now also for nested elements.
- All ReportControlBlock option fields can be written to an IED before enabling a Report.
- VLAN ID and GOOSE APPID are displayed in hexadecimal format in ITT600 Explore Ethernet.
- Comparison filters in ITT600 Explore Models have been fixed.
- ITT600 SA Explorer is now installed properly for all users of the computer.
Technical requirements and supported products
ITT600 SA Explorer is a generic tool for testing, commissioning, and maintenance of IEC 61850 based SA systems. Thus, it can be used together with any IEC 61850 compliant IED. However, it can not be ensured that the full functionality of the tool can be supported for all such IEDs.
The tool fully supports the following products from Hitachi ABB Power Grids:
- Relion® protection and control product family IEDs
- Distributed busbar protection REB500
- REF543/545 (connected with SPA-ZC402)
Further, ITT600 SA Explorer has been tested and not proven to be non-functional with a number of well known 3rd party IEDs.
Technical requirements on computer environment
The minimum hardware requirements are:
- 500MB of free hard disk space
- Dual-core processor
- 2 GB RAM
The recommended hardware requirements for medium to big projects are:
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- 64 bit operating system
- Quad-core processor
- 6 GB RAM
The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows 7 (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
- Windows 2008 Server (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 Bit / 64 Bit)
- Windows XP and older operating systems are no longer supported
- IED simulation is based on the same generic application logic for Hitachi ABB Power Grids and 3 rd party IEDs contained in an SCD file. Testing with a simulated IED does not replace the functional testing with the real device. The following limitation with respect to IED simulation are known:
- IEDs containing a ServerAt SCL element can not be simulated
- Simulated IEDs do not support dynamic DataSets, even if the real IED would do so
- Editing of Setting Group parameters is not supported
- In general MMS array, data types are not supported and will be ignored
Following documentation is available on the ITT600 installation CD
- ITT600 installation guide
- ITT600 user manual
- ITT600 release notes
Ordering and delivery information
The ITT600 can be ordered from Substation Automation Products, Västerås, Sweden. The delivery will include a transparent case with the software, user manual and installation guide on CD and the USB hardware license key.
The ITT600 SA Explorer can be ordered using the following order numbers:
|ITT600 SA Explorer Ver. 2.0 Single license||ITT600-20|
|ITT600 SA Explorer Ver. 2.0 Package license of 10 single licenses||ITT600-20-M10|
|Upgrade License from ITT600 SA Explorer Version 1.8||ITT600-20-UG|
The installation of ITT600 SA Explorer Ver. 2.0 SP1 replaces previous installations. For details about installation please follow the “ITT600 SA Explorer installation guide”. ITT600 Ver. 2.0 SP1 requires a USB hardware license key to function during start-up and runtime of the tool.
Life cycle statement
ITT600 SA Explorer Ver. 2.0 SP1 replaces all earlier versions of the tool. The replaced versions will be moved to obsolete phase in the software life cycle policy. Existing licence keys for ITT600 SA Explorer 2.0 will remain valid for ITT600 SA Explorer Ver. 2.0 SP1.
Statement on IEC 61850 Ed.2 support
This version of ITT600 is prepared for the application of IEC 61850 Ed.2. However, it has not yet been tested by an independent UCA certified IEC 61850 conformance test laboratory, due to the fact that these tests are not in place at release date of this version.
Product Manager, Integrated Testing Tool ITT600 SA Explorer
Substation Automation Products