When you need to optimize or modernize your processes, our service team can help you assess the challenge and design cost-effective, fit-for-future solutions. In addition, we offer a wide range of commercial and proprietary enterprise-level applications to help you improve operational efficiency.
We enable smarter system protection to make your utlitities more efficient, more productive, and more economic.
When do you typically need cybersecurity?
- When you want your technologies and production processes kept up-to-date and secure, we provide our know-how in international standards and security compliance to help you establish a good basis.
- When you want to ensure that your company's personnel can respond to all situations now and in the future, we provide suitable training options from our range of for Hitachi ABB Power Grids equipment and systems, cybersecurity awareness and training services know-how.
- When processes need to be running efficiently, we help you get the most from industry-specific advanced services and IT tools.
- When you need a committed business partner to develop a strategic long-term production efficiency plan with key performance indicators, we can create an appropriate service agreement. Let us take care of performance-based improvement of operational efficiency, competitiveness, and profitability while you focus on your core business.
- When the risk of operational interruptions needs to be minimized and the efficiency and reliability of production increased, you can make use of Hitachi ABB Power Grids' standardized service agreements.
Get to know more
Six layers of protection
We are unique security assessment solutions.
Assessment and monitoring services for system software, system hardware, and communication networks are fundamental in order to keep a system constantly secure. Overseeing the cybersecurity status of your system, Hitachi ABB Power Grids collects system data for comparison against industry best practices and standards to detect weaknesses within your system’s defense. This pinpoints areas that require action to help protect your system by ensuring it has multiple layers of security.
We are constantly vigilant for attacks and breaches.
Firewalls can protect the perimeter of a network and a well-designed security policy will separate the network into distinct, controlled zones, protected by internal firewalls to ensure that a compromised server doesn’t mean compromising the entire network.
Security updates and hardening.
It’s not just the anti-virus software that needs updating, modern operating systems and embedded software often need to be patched to defend against emerging threats. Efficient patch management is an essential part of any security policy, but one that is often neglected.
We are educating and supporting system users
Cybersecurity will always be a challenge on a global scale; no single solution can keep increasingly interconnected systems secure, so Hitachi ABB Power Grids works with customers to understand your processes and procedures, group security policies and computer settings to create a defense-in-depth approach where multiple security layers detect and deter threats – if, where and when they may arise.
We are evolving protection against sophisticated threats
Our substation automation systems can be equipped with industry-standard malware and intrusion protection solutions, like anti-virus protection and application whitelisting.
We are preserving the past for a rapid response to tomorrow’s challenges.
If the worst does happen, and cyber-attack or natural disaster strikes, then the security of an off-site back-up will make recovery that much easier. Hitachi ABB Power Grids' back-up solutions can ensure the integrity, and availability, of critical data, no matter what happens to the original.