- Decentralized architecture optimizes throughput in real time and ensures scalability
- Automatic RF channel and band selection, coupled with access to 653 MHz of spectrum, provides superior interference avoidance
- Network performance and capacity maximized by automatic optimization of power and rate on per-connection and per-packet basis
- Integrated firewall and IPsec VPN to enable defense-in-depth security at network edge
- Cost-effective, compact, lightweight design streamlines site sourcing and deployment
- Capacity and low latency for support of real-time video surveillance which can provide early alert of unauthorized access to utility locations, reducing potential risk of damage, vandalism or theft
- Reliable and resilient communications foundation for NERC CIP-014-1 compliance which is focused on reducing risk of physical attacks at critical power utility locations
TropOS 6420 Broadband Mesh Router
The TropOS 6420 broadband outdoor mesh router provides a cost-effective, easy to deploy, high-performance networking solution for outdoor industrial environments.
Lightweight and compact, the TropOS 6420 delivers significant performance increases through support for 2x2 MIMO in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, a next-generation high-sensitivity radio design and the incorporation of patented features of the TropOS Mesh OS.
A cost-effective solution for a wide variety of applications, the TropOS 6420 outdoor mesh router is well-suited for utilities, oil and gas exploration and production, mining, smart cities and industrial process control. With advanced radio resource management and access to 583 MHz of RF spectrum, the TropOS 6420 provides a reliable communications foundation for deploying multiple, concurrent mission critical applications. Each router can either serve as a gateway to increase network capacity or as a node to extend and reinforce network connectivity.
The small, lightweight form factor of this mesh router is ideal for deployments where weight is part of the mounting asset equation. The TropOS 6420 mesh router is a dual-band unit with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz MIMO radios that support meshing and client connectivity in both bands. The TropOS 6420 can be ordered with two Ethernet ports that can be used to inject capacity into the network and attach client devices such as video cameras or with one Ethernet port that can be used to inject capacity into the network plus a serial (RS-232/RS-485) interface.
Download the TropOS 6420 datasheet for additional information and contact sales with any questions.