Transmission of voice and data over fiber-optic link over distances up to 180 km without a repeater is just one aspect of FOX515. FOX515 provides tremendous capacity for bandwidth-consuming applications such as LAN, video surveillance and ISDN, and integrates legacy services as well. A non-blocking cross-connect provides unlimited flexibility to handle all types of signals. FOX515 supports the latest state-of-the-art "TELEPROTECTION INTERFACE TEBIT" and “IEEE C37.94 INTERFACE OPTIF” designed by Hitachi ABB Power Grids for the most demanding applications.
A proven solution for operational networks, the benefits are:
- A large worldwide installed FOX base
- Type tested according to substations requirements
Integration of telecommunication and teleprotection
- Interfaces for differential protection (optical and electrical)
- Interface for distance protection
- ABB safety Frame Concept for secure teleprotection in networks
- Bidirectional switching for redundant channel routing of differential protection signals
Furthermore, high flexibility is given due to all standard access interfaces and PDH, SDH, and SHDSL applications. And thanks to Windows-based configuration tool UCST and advanced management tool FOXMAN-UN you benefit from low maintenance costs.