Bay Control for Distribution Substations
Be it as part of ABB’s broad range of medium voltage switchgears or as control solution of any other AIS or GIS distribution level substation, an exhaustive range of IED or RTU based control solutions has proven in countless installations around the world.
Relion series feeder protection and control IEDs are typically installed in the low voltage compartments of medium voltage switchgears in distribution substations for utility, industrial, or even offshore applications.
RTU based distribution automation solutions complete the offering to cover any protection, control, and automation application from primary and secondary distribution substations to ring main units and pole-top installations.
- AIS and GIS switchgear
- Primary and Secondary distribution installations
- Feeder protection and control IEDs with local operation interface
- Two-step operation (select-before-operate)
- Bay, station and double-operation interlocking
- Station and double-operation interlocking information via hardwired station bus or IEC 61850 GOOSE messages
- Primary and secondary system supervision and alarm visualization
- Circuit breaker, disconnector and earthing switch control and supervision
- IEC 61850-8-1 interface
- RTU based remote control solutions with optional web-based local station HMI
- Wide range of RTU communication options