How Hitachi ABB Power Grids is responding to COVID-19
Protect our people, preserve business continuity and prepare for the “new norm"
Hitachi ABB Power Grids preventive and protective measures
Measures are adapted to the specific local situations and may include:
- Travel guidelines and restrictions.
- Use of home office wherever possible.
- Maintaining physical distances (>2 meters / 6 ft), including sales interactions, service activities, shift changes and breaks, as well as in meetings and training sessions, both internal and external. In case this is not feasible, a face mask has to be worn.
- Staggered visits to the canteen and other facilities.
- Staying at home if employees feel unwell.
In terms of tracking the risk of exposure for employees, Hitachi ABB Power Grids has followed a strict process for contact tracing. This process has been in place since the start of the pandemic and will continue.
Using Hitachi ABB Power Grids Digital Enterprise technology to support the response to COVID-19
Up-to-date information on Hitachi ABB Power Grids’ global operations is top priority, for us as well as for our customers. In order to improve global awareness and response to COVID-19, we are taking advantage of some of our own software technology, Digital Enterprise. With Digital Enterprise, we were able to quickly provide up-to-date information to keep our team informed.
Flexibility and resilience: our ‘aces’ in extraordinary times
Covid-19 is the ultimate disruptor, changing every aspect of life as we know it. Jochen Kreusel, Market Innovation Manager, Hitachi ABB Power Grids, explores what Covid-19 will mean for the future of power grids.