AC traction feeder transformers are used between normal three-phase AC networks and single-phase catenary systems. They are often equipped with an on-load tap-changer (OLTC). Their strong structure is specially designed to resist repeated short circuits during the operation, which are common in electric railways.
AC traction feeder transformers
- High voltage up to 400 kV
- Power ratings: usually 7.5 - 25 MVA, up to 60 MVA in Europe
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
- Compactly designed, low weight transformers
- High quality manufacturing and design optimization supports required short circuit withstand capability
- Global manufacturing footprint provides expertise on specific local technical requirements and standards