Nothing is more important in mission-critical networks than guaranteeing the highest availability of each connection and the highest security for transferred data against attacks from outside. With mission-critical data, downtime and manipulation can mean risk to life and limb. The systems developed and produced by Hitachi ABB Power Grids stand apart due to their extreme reliability. From the outset, Hitachi ABB Power Grids developers in Germany and Switzerland have placed the highest priority on achieving this goal.
Key attributes were confirmed during the developmental phase of the manufactured systems. These included top availability, maximum service life, simplicity of operation, easy maintenance, a good eco footprint, as well as being thoroughly future proof in nature.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids products, based on decades of experience, bring solutions that meet the stringent access & transport network requirements for mission-critical networks in the areas of clock synchronization, scalability, protection, reliability, ultra-long lifecycles, and backward compatibility.
In addition, they are highly flexible providing multi-service access for a wide range of applications and the simultaneous availability of circuit-based and packet-based technologies e.g. PDH/SDH and MPLS-TP. The full hybrid concept allows for the co-existence of native TDM and packet-based access services within the same node, providing a perfect futureproof solution for MCS applications.
- Full hybrid concept for coexistence and interworking of native TDM and packet services within the same node as well as gateways between TDM and packet worlds
- Protection, redundancy and encryption functions for secure data transmission and highest availability
- Wide range of applications and access interfaces supported
- Support for various transmission interfaces and protocols, including 10 Gbps, SDH
- STM-16, MPLS-TP and many others
- Guaranteed long lifecycles due to state-of-the-art FPGA technologies and careful lifecycle management
- Wide array of services which include 3rd party equipment integration and maintenance
- All Hitachi ABB Power Grids equipment and selected 3rd party equipment’s are managed under one Network Management System