- Routing algorithms optimized for mobility provide connectivity at vehicular speeds
- Dynamic selection of optimal end-to-end path delivers the highest performance
- Seamless, sub-second handoffs maintain latency-sensitive voice, video, and VPN connections
- Creation of stand-alone mobile networks in areas where coverage is unavailable
- Best-in-class link budget for superior RF propagation
- Vehicle-mounted with integrated high-power radio
- FIPS 140-2 compliant
- Decentralized architecture optimizes throughput in real time and ensures scalability
- Network performance and capacity maximized by automatic optimization of power and rate on per-connection and per-packet basis
- Integrated firewall and IPsec VPN
- Extra hardening for operation in extreme application environments
TropOS 4310-XA Mobile Broadband Mesh Router
TropOS 4310-XA mobile mesh routers interoperate seamlessly with TropOS fixed routers to deliver a robust, high-performance wireless connectivity solution for mobile workers, equipment and devices.
At vehicle speeds, the TropOS 4310-XA supports voice, video, and data connectivity and extends the TropOS fixed network to provide access for tablets, handhelds, laptops, and other endpoints equipped with a standard 802.11a/b/g/n connection.
The TropOS 4310-XA uses a standard 2.4 GHz 802.11 radio to connect with clients and other TropOS mesh routers. It is packaged in a rugged, weatherproof enclosure especially suited to extreme applications such as mining, rail transport and other uses subject to harsh operating temperatures, vibration, and weather.
An easily deployed solution for increasing the productivity of field workers and enabling mobile machine-to-machine (M2M) communications, the TropOS 4310-XA can turn any vehicle into a mobile node. When deployed in rail cars, military vehicles or heavy equipment, it improves operational efficiency and enhances communications.
TropOS 4310-XA mobile nodes can also wirelessly transport video streams from vehicle mounted cameras to an operations center. Real-time of the area around vehicles increases situational awareness to ensure efficient equipment operation while avoiding accidents, injury and property damage. Connected cameras providing video from vehicle interiors and exteriors can be used to monitor the well-being of vehicle occupants and the surrounding environment.
When used for mobile M2M communications, the TropOS 4310-XA can relay telemetry data from moving vehicles to a centralized operations center. Data can then be used to verify specified operating parameters such as scheduled maintenance or determine if preventative maintenance is required. Benefits of analyzing telemetry data include minimizing unscheduled maintenance and equipment downtime while increasing efficiency and productivity.
The routers provide a connector suitable for use with a GPS puck. GPS data transmitted using TropOS 4310-XA mobile routers can be used by automated vehicle location (AVL) and positioning systems. AVL systems can be used to monitor the safety of employees in the field while positioning systems can increase efficiency and productivity, as well as enhance safety, in applications such as open-pit mines.
Download the TropOS 4310-XA datasheet for additional information and contact sales with any questions.
- IEEE 802.11b/g radio; 2.4-2.483 GHz
- Two IEEE 802.3u autosensing 10/100BASE-T Ethernet ports with 4-pole, circular, Industrial Ethernet M-12 D-coded female connectors
- Aux port with industrial-type locking connector, 7-pin, female, for remote network status indicator and serial GPS input
- TCP and VPN session persistent mobility across subnets
- Mobile tactical mesh operating mode
- IPv4; IPv6-ready
- IEEE 802.1q VLAN support (ESSID and IP based tagging)
- Automatic rate, power, channel and band control
- Local and remote management tools via HTTPS
- Over the air software updates with rollback
- Integrated firewall
- IPsec VPNs
- Authentication: WPA, WPA2, 802.11i, RADIUS, 802.1x (includes EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-SIM, PEAP)
- Encryption: open, WEP, TKIP, AES-CCM
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant
- NERC CIP 002-009 compliant
- 11-55VDC input power, typical consumption 8 W
- Industrial-type locking connector, 2-pin, male
- Standard and premium support packages
All TropOS mesh routers support a core set of advanced features that enable them to be used in a wide variety of applications and operate in the same network. Each model of TropOS mesh router also offers hardware and software optimized for specific applications.
The TropOS 4310-XA is suitable for mounting in vehicles. It supports mobility with seamless handoffs across mesh routers, mesh gateways and IP subnets, preserving application sessions including VPN sessions. TropOS 4310-XA mobile routers meet the specialized requirements of extreme applications by providing:
- Industrial Ethernet M-12 connectors as well as industrial-type locking connectors for their auxiliary port and power inputs assuring very reliable connections in mounting locations subject to continual vibration.
- IP67 weather-proof enclosures permitting them to be mounted on vehicle exteriors as well as interiors.
- DC power input range of 11 to 55 VDC allowing them to be installed in vehicles or heavy machinery that supply high DC voltage.