DTB for digital substations for 145 - 170 kV
A smart grid ready solution for use with IEC 61850 process bus communication
DTB for digital substations belongs to innovative high-voltage switchgear family of Hitachi ABB Power Grids.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids' DTB can be equipped with Motor Drive (MD) and an intelligent local control cabinet, for smooth integration into substation automation systems using IEC 61850. MD brings the technology to continuously monitor the functions of the switchyard, whilst performing real-time simulation and diagnostics, allowing pro-active management of the life-cycle of the asset and remote service intervention.
For connection to the IEC 61850-9-2 process bus, non-conventional instrument transformers (NCITs) FOCS, ELK-CP14 or ELK-CP3 with merging units are used for sampled values for protection and metering. Alternatively, SAM600 stand-alone merging units can be connected to conventional current or voltage transformers of the PASS.
- Bay protection and monitoring of digital substations
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
- DTB is a widely installed product worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications.
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, energizes in 16 hours on-site
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time
- ABB offers a comprehensive portfolio of process and station bus compatible control and protection devices
Brief performance data
|DTB for digital substations|
|Rated Breaking current||kA||50 - 63||63||50||40|
|Rated power frequency withstand voltage||kV||275||275||325||325|
|Lightning impulse withstand level – LIWL||kV||650||650||750||750|