Brief performance data
|DTB 245 kV||242PMR||245PMG-B||245PMI-B||242PMG80||242PMI90||245PMov|
|Short-circuit breaking current
|Lightning impulse withstand level-LIWL||kA||900, 1050||900, 1050||900, 1050||900, 1050||900, 1050||900, 1050|
|Operation type||Three-pole operated||Three-pole operated||Single-pole operated||Single-pole operated||Single-pole operated||Three-pole or single-pole operated|
|Reactor protection||No MOV||No MOV||No MOV||No MOV||No MOV||MOV|
Dead Tank Circuit Breaker 245 kV
High performance breaker with highest short circuit breaking current
A complete range of dead tank breakers at 245 kV provide options for applications with higher than standard asymmetry requirements (X/R ratio) and offers the highest short circuit capacity in the industry at 90 kA. Utilizing technology pioneered by Hitachi ABB Power Grids and used across the industry today, the robust dead tank breaker line features slipover current transformers, a dual motion interrupter and requires no capacitors up to 63 kA.
For shunt reactor protection, Hitachi ABB Power Grids now offers Dead Tank Breakers with applied Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs). This solution increases the reliability of the breaker by limiting damaging overvoltages. Read more about it here or watch the video here.
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Point-on-wave switching
- High seismic applications
- High altitude applications
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
- Extreme 90 kA short circuit interrupting ratings and high asymmetrical fault capabilities
- 10 year warranty on the HMB operating mechanism
- Enhanced safety and simplified maintenance
- Rated up to and including 63 kA with no external line to ground capacitors
- Slipover current transformers that are added or removed without disassembly, reducing maintenance downtime and eliminating contamination risk
- Widely installed base in all environments and applications
- Global service organization, local everywhere