Dead Tank Circuit Breaker 800 kV
Pioneering high performance breaker technology
Hitachi ABB Power Grids pioneered the 800 kV dead tank breaker in the year 2000. Now a mature offering, the breaker line features one mechanism per phase, high TRV and current potential for longer transmission lines and larger loads.
For shunt reactor protection, Hitachi ABB Power Grids now offers Dead Tank Breakers with applied Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs). This solution increases the reliability of the breaker by limiting damaging overvoltages. Read more about it here or watch the video here.
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Point-on-wave switching
- High seismic applications
- High altitude applications
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
- High TRV withstand for long transmission lines
- High current potential facilitates high load transmission
- Flexible design platform provides options for pre-insertion resistors, and various height-to-live part configurations
- Short installation time due to factory pre-assembly
- 10 year warranty on the HMB operating mechanism
- Widely installed base in all environments and applications
- Global service organization, local everywhere
Brief performance data
|DTB 800 kV||800PM|
|Short-circuit breaking current*||kA||40-63|
|Rated current||A||up to 5000|
|Closing and latching current||kA||104-164|
|Lightning impulse withstand level - LIWL||kV||2100|
|Operation type||Single-pole operated|
|- Ambient temperature*||°C||-30 to +40|
|- Design altitude*||m||1000|
* Other options available, contact factory for additional information.