Dead Tank Circuit Breaker 123-170 kV
Compact and preset from factory for rapid installation
The 123-170 kV Dead Tank Breakers feature a small footprint and a single piece interrupter with factory aligned contacts that reduce installation and maintenance costs.
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Point-on-wave switching
- High seismic applications
- High altitude applications
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
- Enhanced safety and simplified maintenance
- Rated up to 70 kA with no external line to ground capacitors
- Spring-spring operating mechanism available up to 40 kA
- Slipover current transformers that are added or removed without disassembly, reducing maintenance downtime and eliminating contamination risk
- Widely installed base in all environments and applications
- Global service organization, local everywhere
- 10 year warranty on the HMB operating mechanism for 63 kA breakers
Brief performance data
|DTB up to 170 kV||145PM40-SD||145PM63-B||145PMI|
|Rated voltage||kV||123-145||123-145||123-145, 170|
|Short-circuit breaking current*||kA||40||50-63||40-63, 40-50|
|Closing and latching current||kA||104||130-164||104-164, 104-130|
|Lightning impulse withstand level - LIWL||kV||650||550, 650||550, 650, 750|
|Operation type||Three-pole operated||Three-pole operated||Single-pole operated|
|Operating mechanism||FSA1||HMB-2||HMB-1 (3)|
|MOV||No standard MOV**||External MOV||No standard MOV**|
|- Ambient temperature*||°C||-30 to +40||-30 to +40||-30 to +40|
|- Design altitude*||m||1000||1000||1000|
* Other options available, contact factory for additional information.
** Available by request.