A TXpert™ Enabled distribution transformer is an essential component of the TXpert™ Ecosystem.
It is equipped with an array of TXpert™ Ready sensors that collate data which is then utilized by the TXpert™ Hub to deliver actionable intelligence by providing valuable information on how the transformer and grid are operating.
As an open system, TXpert™ supports new and existing distribution transformers from Hitachi ABB Power Grids as well as other manufacturers. It is available for both, liquid-filled and dry-type transformers.
TXpert™ Enabled Transformers can come with built-in capabilities from the factory or existing, installed transformers can be upgraded with the TXpert™ technology.
Why TXpert™ Enabled Distribution Transformers
TXpert™ Enabled distribution transformer is equipped with smart hardware and software components needed to track, report and trend the transformer’s performance.
Users are thus enabled to make informed decisions for reducing unplanned outage, optimizing operational expenses and maximizing transformer utilization.
- First of its kind in the world
- Reduces unplanned outages by tracking transformer performance and delivering advance warning of potential threats
- Moves transformer maintenance from a time-based to condition-based strategy to optimize operations by focusing on the transformers that need attention
- Improved transformer utilization by reliably delivering insightful ‘spent-life’ analysis to make an informed business decision whether to extend the life of or early retire a transformer
- Increased productivity and profitability