|Ort||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Computer Scientist with specialization in grid applications or power systems: software development and operations in multi-disciplinary development projects in an international environment in mixed teams staffed by R&D with Hitachi ABB Power Grids delivering successful digital solutions in context of future digital businesses of Power Grids Grid integration and cross Business Line collaboration on holistic condition monitoring architecture and products.
- Development of Software for IT/OT solutions on extended Digital Functionalities
- Development of software according specified work packages
- Quality Management
- Test Plan and execution
- Verification of the results, bug fixing
- Commissioning of applications, (pilot) project execution support
- Continuous Integration (CI) of existing and new functionalities
- Piloting, validating and testing of technology prototypes
- Contribute to technical product portfolio for all needed technology, products, sub-systems including 3rd parties and competitors.
- Conduct and supervise delegated work and external suppliers
- Play an active role in ABB digital expert boards, prepare technical papers and participate on exhibitions and pilot projects
- Innovate control, protection, monitoring and communication architectures
- Instruct and guide engineering, development and test teams
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.E. in Computer Science with min. 3-8 years of work experience in IoT and service-oriented architectures within R&D.
- Expert in IoT and Digital Technologies on containerized, micro-services-based architectures on edge and cloud level.
- Proved understanding of micro-service architectures, project implementation experience ein Linux based Edge-Systems.
- Deep knowledge of communication protocols and related technologies e.g. IEC61850, OPC UA, LoRaWAN, MQTT.
- Edge, and Cloud Technology competencies e.g. Docker, multi tenancy, REST API, Web-Protocols, HTML5.
- Demonstrated programming depth in Python, C#, Kubernetes and Grafana, TFS, UML.
- Min. 3 years of project experience in complex and demanding Software scenarios.
- Good understanding of the overall engineering workflow and tools for edge and cloud.
- Proficient in English written/oral.
- Production or field service experience with similar products.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com