|Location||Bac Ninh, , Vietnam|
Our 3,000-plus Procurement & Logistics employees work in more than 100 countries to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability. Hitachi-ABB's High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. You will initiate, coordinate and execute part qualification using PPAP guidelines and ensure sustainable quality and minimal supply risks across interrupter project implementation in the feeder factory in Vietnam. You will also align implementation strategy between global category management, local supply considerations and R&D technology demands, as well as address technical issues with suppliers in the early implementation phase of a development project.
- Acting as interface between the development project teams, the BU category management, and local feeder factory project implementation team.
- Coordinating purchasing material in the feeder factory to be used for PPAP/Outturn Sample Approval and production of Zero Series interrupters for Type Testing.
- Maintaining the cost and status overview of the PPAP activities and selecting suppliers of new parts from qualified supply base to be used by the factory for interrupter production, aligned to the global SCM category management strategy and local SCM strategy.
- Initiating supplier RFQ process for series production Bill of Materials costing. Supporting TC Technical SCM and Global Category Managers in the preliminary interrupter cost estimations.
- Drive supplier selection process. Responsible for resolving technical questions from suppliers prior to PPAP execution and filter the technical request from suppliers being forwarded to R&D design.
- Ensuring supplier understands the technical requirements for a specific component.
- Initiating and executing part qualification according to PGHV PPAP Guidelines. Ensuring PPAP documentation creation, collection, and approval.
- Supporting and speeding up the process to approve outturn samples. Identifying long lead time materials for zero series orders, as well as long cycle time for outturn sample approval processes and prioritize accordingly.
- Ensuring the PPAP process follows the project timeline by providing reliable estimate on the required activity durations.
- Managing cost negotiation activities between suppliers, local and global SCM using input from internal cost engineering team.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Degree in Engineering, preferable in Mechanics, Materials, Manufacturing.
- Experience in project management of supply chain projects.
- Good knowledge of the PGHV products, main purchased commodities and the critical materials.
- Good knowledge of the supplier manufacturing process for critical components.
- Good knowledge in supplier development, PPAP and on quality management.
- Good knowledge of supply processes.
- Several year of work experience in technical / strategic supply management preferable.
- Good communication skills and execution.
- High level of intercultural sensitivity in a complex global organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com