|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is seeking a Senior Civil Project Estimator. This role allows the individuals to work out of Raleigh, North Carolina or other remote locations. This role is responsible for developing turnkey microgrid and energy storage proposals for domestic an international business. In addition, the position includes making recommendations to ensure that bids and orders received are at acceptable profit levels. Under general guidance of a supervisor or more experienced engineer, perform various proposal and cost estimating duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of established practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.
- Review and analyze customer technical and commercial specifications to develop a solution that meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Utilize engineering data, drawings, customer specifications and related information to prepare cost estimates, requests for quotations for third part equipment, evaluate supplier quotations and summarize total cost estimates.
- Coordinate with Project Management and Engineering to ensure solution offered is technically feasible and can meet proposed timelines.
- Coordinate with SCM on third party product and services quotes
- Coordinate with Legal on Terms and Conditions to be offed
- Ability to process information on multiple and varied projects and respond effectively to changes in priorities.
- Develop cost estimates for new bids and bid revision.
- Prepare proposal document for recommended solution utilizing MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word for the complete project
- Estimate and provide risk mitigation advice during the development of solution
- Write complete proposal documents and revise contract documents, as required. Compile data for reporting contract scope, terms, cost and profitability, to management.
- Review purchase orders for customer and prepare order entry package for finance team.
- Attend meetings, internal and external, to exchange information and analyze contract requirements. Participate in investigating technical problems and establishing procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Attend internal and external kickoff meetings to transfer proposal to project team
- Duties may require domestic or international travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering and a minimum 8+ years' of experience with civil, installation and turnkey estimation experience OR
- Master’s Degree in engineering and a minimum of 6+ years’ of experience with civil, installation and turnkey estimation experience
- Preference is to have someone with a degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical power systems
- Knowledge of large-scale battery energy storage systems
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Hitachi ABB Power Grids is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi ABB Power Grids career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi ABB Power Grids HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program