|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is seeking an Import, Export & Transportation Administrator for its Raleigh, North Carolina location. This role is responsible for supporting the Grid Automation business unit in developing and executing relevant TI/E business processes including planning, executing and compliance. The TI/E reports to the director of procurement and product logistics within the business unit and will be part of a functional expert team within the division transport compliance office (TCO)
- Create and maintain written procedures and guidelines for business unit compliance with export control and sanctions (including (manual) screening), as well as customs compliance requirements (with input from CTCO / Global Trade, where available).
- Provide periodic updates regarding the status of the local implementation of ABB’s Global Trade Program, as well as of significant changes in export control and customs laws/regulations.
- Implement and maintain a general export control and customs compliance awareness program for local business staff and provide trade related training to employees (particularly in cases of delegated export control responsibilities).
- Provide oversight, “big-picture” policy advisory and practical guidance to local business regarding export control and customs compliance, necessary for daily in- and outbound operations, including formal documentation and archiving requirements.
- Work with the TCO and Information Systems (IS) management to ensure effective use of SAP’s Global Trade Services (GTS) compliance and customs modules (where applicable).
- Manage and update master data for business unit products, technologies and software (product description, HTS code, ECCN numbers) and/or support customs declarants with product information required for master data management and entries.
- Review of the ECCN and HTS classifications with the (Country) Trade Compliance Officer, update master data in SAP GTS with ECCN and HTS classification as required.
- Support TCO with execution of local Trade Reviews and/or conduct annual “self-audits” of business unit trade compliance, under guidance of the TCO.
- Continually maintain knowledge on export control and customs regulation with relevant internal and external training (where applicable), as well as E-learnings and applicable internal instructions, guidelines, handbooks.
- As it relates to daily operations
- Support product, project, procurement and warehouse operations teams with planning and executing complex transportation requirements including ocean, air, LTL
- Drive analysis and implementation of cost reduction opportunities in areas of customs duties, freight forwarding and transportation costs. Negotiate best possible costs for ad-hoc project needs.
- Prepare and execute product classification, freight forwarding and customs clearance documentation to ensure compliance with all import/export classification policies, preferably well on time before export, import and/or shipment, but also when goods need to be declared with customs on short notice and/or are under inspection of the customs authorities. Work closely with Center of Excellence (COE) team, customs brokers and Partner of Government Agencies (PGA’s).
- Preparation of Product Classification Reports, where required.
- Regular analysis of the goods to be sold and/or shipped during the coming months (or past months for book-to-bill business with no backlog), identification and classification of products, software and/or technologies, especially in case of critical regulatory development.
- Notify both the CTCO and in-house legal counsel of any suspected export control violation; notify the CTCO of (potentially) sensitive customs compliance matters
- Provide support regarding classification of purchased goods
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent industry experience and a minimum of 10+ years industry experience.
- Ideally this role can be filled at a more senior level if the candidate meets the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent industry experience and a minimum of 12+ years industry experience.
- Knowledge of export control and customs rules and regulations (willingness to learn). LCB a plus.
- Sufficient seniority to effectively communicate across all levels of the local business.
- Business mind-set, responsiveness, strong sense of ownership, self-driven, willingness to explore.
- Team player with good communication skills, capable of communicating in English and local language (of authorities), both verbally and in writing.
- Helpful, not mandatory: technical knowledge of products, software and applied technologies including encryption.
- PCE, transportation management, freight forwarding and customs brokers experience/knowledge. SAP/GTS.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Hitachi ABB Power Grids is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi ABB Power Grids career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi ABB Power Grids HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program