|Location||Ludvika, Dalarnas County, Sweden|
You will be part of our R&D department - Embedded Systems at HVDC, within the division Power Grids in Ludvika or Västerås. We are focusing mainly on hardware, software and system design working in close collaboration with the global organization. Now we are looking for enthusiasts who would like to strengthen our teams.
- As R&D Engineer you will be involved in pre-study, design and development of cutting-edge technologies that enable the current and next generation of modular advanced control for HVDC (MACH).
- In our projects, you will work closely with both external and internal contacts.
- Together with your highly competent colleagues you will develop and maintain the MACH platform. You will further develop your skills within programming, both by taking part in, and contributing to, our great talent pool.
- We offer an exciting job in an international environment where you will get great possibilities to develop further.
- We are living Hitachi ABB Power Grids core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree within Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Data Communications is highly qualifying.
- You have a genuine interest in computers, programming and new technology combined with several years’ experience from similar work.
- Solid understanding of C/C++ and knowledge in C#.
- Good understanding of embedded technologies- digital signal processing, real time operating systems and/or multi-core systems.
- Advantageous if you also have experience in .NET and software development using Visual Studio, data communications, SQL and Azure DevOps Server.
- Experience in fieldbus communication protocols such as EtherCAT, CAN 2.0, CANopen, HDLC, TDM.
- Experience in debugging and root cause analysis of problems related to above technologies.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python is an added advantage.
- As you will be part of a global business, fluency in English is required, written and spoken alike. Proficiency in Swedish is a plus.
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before 6th of May! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today! More information: Recruiting Manager, Jan Juntunen, +46 107-38 02 16, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Torbjörn Wilund, +46 107-38 25 73, or Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 25 73; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +46 107-38 33 04. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Hanna Kontsu, +46 107-38 53 25. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com #LI-NEU1