|Location||Muscat, , Oman|
You as a Sales Process Specialist will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business based in Muscat; Oman. You will be designing authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Completing assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Technical contribution: Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Providing technical support for testing, installing and commissioning activities.
- Sales support: Preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverable. Assisting in preparing proposal or presentation of engineering.
- Contract management: Supporting managers in issuing claims, change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantification, etc. Providing quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Planning and controlling: Creating work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensuring implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Customer Assists: Assisting customers on technical issues, interacting with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his or her scope of deliverables. Assisting communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Supply chain management: Collaborating with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Providing technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- Processes and tools: Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reporting processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- People leadership and development: Assigning tasks to and coordinating work with entry level engineers, technicians and administrative staff.
- Safety and integrity: Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 2+ year of experience supply chain management and vendor management.
- Experience working in sales and tendering. Worked on execution of small projects or portions of large projects under supervision of Senior Manager.
- Ability to clarify customer requirements on technical issues within the scope of work.
- Providing technical evaluation of supplier proposals. Preparing portions of project documentation.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com