|Location||Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose. Grow Grid Automation sales through managing directly the domestic sales teams as well as driving the actions with the regional solution line sales covering the assigned territory (Japan). The Grid Automation portfolio covers a wide range of solutions (Products, Systems, Services) across Automation Protection and Control, Communications, Network Control, Grid Edge Solutions (Microgrid, BESS) and Enterprise Software Solutions, which are applicable to a large number of segments among which Power, Transmission & Distribution and other utilities, Transportation, Renewables and large industrial customers.
- The primary objective of the market manager is to deliver budget commitments for the Grid Automation business across the assigned territory through being responsible and managing directly the local sales teams as well as working in close collaboration with regional solution line sales covering specific portions of the portfolio.
- He or she will be accountable for the growth of Grid Automation and implementation of strategies and associated action plans to meet the yearly budgets, and to provide accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly sales forecasts for those countries and to drive results.
- The market manager will need to ensure proper engagement of the organization along the entire sales process, from demonstrating the value of our solutions to customers, ensuring their features are aligned to customer needs for procurement process, ensure anticipation and preparation of bids, setting of appropriate sales / capture teams until contracts are signed.
- Develop with the relevant teams an extensive knowledge of the markets and players and ensure relationships are developed with key accounts to promote the entire Grid Automation portfolio.
- Lead the implementation of the solution line strategies and initiatives defined for the assigned territory and ensure appropriate sales and marketing efforts across the organization.
- Ensure appropriate channels to markets are develop, whether these are direct third party, internal or channel / system integrator sales for each portion of the portfolio.
- Continuously grow the market coverage and grow the pipeline of opportunities across the entire portfolio, and actively develop new markets (customers / solutions) through implementation of a systematic and sound strategy.
- This position requires a high level of leadership and coordination, within the Grid Automation Business Unit as well as with the wider HAPG’s organization at all levels to leverage in country presence, notably Power Grid’s Front-End Sales.
- He or she will ensure that the local teams are provided with necessary tools, training and receive appropriate support from the broader organization (regional, global) to implement the defined sales strategy and meet the assigned sales objectives.
- He or she will be responsible and directly managing the Grid Automation local sales resources within the assigned territory covering specific solutions (Substation Automation and Communication), and accountable to work in close collaboration with the regional solution line sales to cover the entire portfolio.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree of above in Engineering/Business qualifications.
- Ideally 10 years’ experience in managing sales and sales teams within the energy / infrastructure industry.
- Relevant experience in the Grid Automation portfolio and a successful track record in driving business strategies, complex sales and value proposition selling.
- Leadership skills to be able to be persuasive and rapidly command credibility and respect to manage the sales teams and towards customers.
- Possess excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) and be well-versed in representing the company externally.
- Strong analytical and relationship development skills are required to cope with a wide variety of complex information.
- Advanced computer skills across MS Office, MS Teams, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail.
- Expresses opinions, able to work with multiple stakeholders and positions.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Parental leave