|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
As a key member in Power Grids paralegal team, you will provide an expert Intellectual Property (IP) service for the organization, being responsible for patent issues in research and development projects to ensure legal protection of Power Grids competitive advantage and reputation. You will participate in and contribute to the process of IP development throughout the entire lifecycle, from creation to expiration, and the IP formalities and administration as part of the IP Operations team for the new joint venture company.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to the Research and Development (R&D) function, as well as the business, regarding all patent issues and manage opposition and appeal processes as required. Ensure implementation of the Group IP strategy globally in order to defend and protect Power Grids assets.
- Provide advice on employee invention disclosures. Actively defend and enforce the IP against unauthorized use and misappropriation by third parties. Monitor patent activities in the technical field and ensure that the Company is not hindered in selling its own products. Avoid infringements of third parties’ Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
- Assist IP attorneys with audits, portfolio reviews, deadline management, and conflict resolution and support administrative activities such as reporting and cost accounting.
- Coordinate patent processing in the Region/Country/Business Unit, drafting and prosecuting patent applications. Manage and exploits the overall company patent portfolio.
- Provide patent training and awareness for employees in the organization.
- Contribute to the development of new IP instructions/guidelines based on local legislation and directives. Assist with the implementation of both local and Group IP directives and instructions and monitor on-going compliance.
- Manage and liaise with external service providers, including external legal counsel.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Completed Education/Experience as IP paralegal with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, in law firm and/or corporation.
- Excellent understanding of procedures of relevance to national and international patent management, particularly EPC, PCT, USPTO, and SIPO procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and IP tools/websites.
- Proficiency using web based IP data management software tools in a global organization and preferred to have experience with Anaqua.
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Attention to detail, well-developed organizational and analytical skills, team spirit, flexibility, and ability to handle changing assignments and priorities.
- Experience working in or supporting client that is a large multinational global corporation and working as a team with people of different locations and cultures.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com For more info, please refers to Sara Lo Prieno, Talent partner.