|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Preparing GIS Substation layouts, sections and detailed erection drawings preparation for tenders or projects based on customer specification.
- Prepare bill of material for tenders or projects based on requirement.
- Earthing system design, drawings and bill of Materials.
- Lightning system design, drawings and BoM.
- Lighting system design and BoM.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment.
- Provide optimized designs on time with standard quality for AIS, GIS, Hybrid and special purpose substations.
- Adherence to quality system and contribution to its improvement.
- Vendor evaluation by visiting to their facilities.
- FAT / SAT of primary equipment, system as and when needed.
- Conductor sizing and loading calculations.
- CT VT Sizing, Cable sizing wherever required.
- Responsible for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings.
- As-built drawings preparation etc.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 – 7 years of experience with substation engineering & design.
- Proficiency in required CAD design tools (Microstation / AutoCAD with 3D competence preferred).
- Experience in relevant International standards e.g. IEEE, IEC etc.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”