|Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact.
- Responsible for the interface between R&D Engineering and SCM (Supply Chain Management). Drive SCM knowledge (market, suppliers, external intelligence) into the development process to optimize with engineering cost, quality, and technology. Translate engineering requests into SCM parameters for execution.
- Acts as technical professional interface between the R&D Technology Project Team, the Local Business Unit SCM teams, the Product Group SCM team and the Business Unit SCM Category Managers, ensuring that project information is adequately shared between the Project Team and the various SCM teams. Coordinates SCM activities for Research and Development (R&D) projects.
- Responsible for all R&D SCM Gate Model Activities, arranging project SCM gate meetings as required and creating and maintaining the project related to SCM documents.
- Responsible for initial cost and quality estimates and achieving product cost and quality targets. Works to optimize the cost and quality at all stages of the R&D development projects, including investment and test costs.
- Works with the local SCM team and Business Unit Category Managers to find new potential materials or new potential suppliers for critical materials. Selects, with the support of local SCM team and Business Unit Category Managers, the R&D prototype suppliers and final production material suppliers, in line with product cost requirements, future product footprint requirements and SCM strategies, while ensuring sustainable quality and cost.
- Manages directly with the suppliers for each project the ordering and on time delivery of the prototype parts in line with the critical project development and testing plan. Works to minimize the prototype and out turn sample delivery time to reduce overall project timeline.
- Works to optimize the cost at all stages of the development projects including testing. Compares and develops the best value chain for the new product considering packaging cost, transportation and logistics cost, import duties and currency risk.
- Supports the development of new lower cost suppliers to meet the level required for sustainable quality and on time delivery. Proficient in understanding, discussing, and agreeing on CAD drawings & parts tolerance with suppliers.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A University degree in Engineering (Bachelor or Master).
- Fluent in English, Excellent communication skills, Proactive and work independently.
- At least 3 years or more of relevant work experience in Power Grid products.
- Experience in dealing with external suppliers.
- Proven skills in project management and document management
- Knowledge of production methods, materials, and standards (ISO, DIN, IS).
- Exposure to use of 3D modelling tools (Creo, SolidWorks).
- Experience in Supply Chain Management is a plus.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”