|Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will be part of a Global Engineering Center team specialized in Traction Transformers design for different applications at Vadodara and your task is to contribute to the global design work with positive team atmosphere and networking.
- Responsible for mechanical development of Traction Transformer’s order and tender designs in compliance with the Market and Sales Strategy to meet the market needs.
- Coordinating his design activities within a worldwide factories network.
- Influence specification at the tender and pre-tender stage, through conceptual discussions.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews: Carry out general and detailed design studies, and hand over technical documentation meeting the requested quality level (specifications, drawings…) within a defined timeline.
- Leading the technical communications/discussions/decisions with the customers covering the whole business chain of value where technical skills are keys (Tendering, Sales, Project execution, After Sales, Services…).
- Supporting the local & global organization on S&M, SCM, quality activities, cost savings.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years to Maximum 7 years’ of experience working in Mechanical design for Transformers / heavy engineering
- industry / pump / bearing / gear manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge on Computer Aided Design, 3D Modeling , PTC application preferred (Creo & PDMLink).
- Experiences in technical project management and in FMEA is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and associated tools.
- Fluent in English Language in both spoken and written is a must.
- Strong team working abilities with a worldwide multi-cultural technical team.
- A team player, open minded, team oriented and autonomous.
- Additional languages knowledge is considered an advantage.
- Quick learner with ability to master new areas.
- Curiosity in different scientific areas like hydraulic, thermal, mechanical.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”