|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Demonstrate knowledge in advanced high-end CAD/CAM/CAE software(s) to ensure CAD activities are delivered on time and meet quality standard.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform Substation Layout Design, Civil Inputs to civil designer, Installation drawings and Detail design of switchyard material like connectors, insulators etc.
- Provides technical support for FAT, installation and commissioning activities for the HVDC projects under execution (Greenfield as well as brown field).
- Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables and responsible for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings prepared.
- As a part of job, shall effectively interact with customers on technical issues, contractors and other staff to achieve his/her scope of deliveries on time, within budget and meet highest quality standards.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-7 Years of experience in 3D Modeling Software tools. Preferred tool is Unigraphics NX/TC tool.
- Familiarity with the design principles, guidelines and applicable standards used within Electromechanical design of HVDC Substations, AC substation.
- Exposure to Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) system with NX and experience in HVDC project will have added benefit.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”