|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Create engineering designs as per guidance from your seniors such as project engineers & Lead engineers. The tasks will be related to Primary equipment engineering or secondary system (Local Control Cubicle) engineering for Gas insulated switchgears or other HV products.
- Get necessary inputs for executing the tasks.
- Keep documentations up to date with high quality.
- Plan your work keeping the focus ‘On Time Delivery”.
- Developing strong relationships with both your customers and colleagues, locally and globally.
- Ensure the process (ISO / QMS) are followed.
- Adhere to the policies and guidelines of INOPC.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Have sound theoretical knowledge in Electrical Engineering.
- Have basic knowledge of engineering design activities including any cad tool. Experience of 1 year in engineering or electrical product sales industry is preferred
- Be a quick learner to develop hands on capabilities of various engineering tools such as e3, Creo, Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor.
- Have a solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ensure that you always keep to our safety standards on top priority.
- Never compromise with quality at same time make sure you are on-time.
- Knowledge of high voltage switchgears
- Interested to build your career in product engineering and master yourself in HV product engineering.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”