|Location||Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland|
Our work environment offers positive challenges and is collaborative and team-orientated; our culture is driven by performance, knowledge and continual development. The primary role is to perform a variety of Service tasks, identify technical problems and make analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.) for a variety of Clients from the industrial and commercial sectors many of which are blue chip . Focus will be on taking responsibility for the successful and safe execution of inspection and maintenance services, on time, to budget and the clients satisfaction.
- Installation, Inspection & maintenance of switchgear & transformers up to 33kv
- Manage inspection & maintenance reports on data bases.
- Installation of protection relays & control cabling
- Ensure the productivity of projects and service work.
- 24/7 On-Call Support standby Rota.
- Take full responsibility for the delivery, collection & control of insulating oil using Oil management system.
- Provide input into the tendering process for service work and projects.
- Ensure conformity to the ABB Electrical safety Management System.
- Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.
- Ensure all materials and parts are identified specified and procured
- Troubleshooting - identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Experienced and qualified Engineer/Technician with >2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Hitachi ABB and third Party MV Products.
- Strong background in the power sector service & maintenance.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus.
- Completed basic electrical switchgear & transformer maintenance course.
- City & Guilds 236 or 232 certificate or equivalent NVQ.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com