|Location||10th of Ramadan City, , Egypt|
You as a Quality Control Specialist will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan City. You will be supporting the Quality team to implement a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
- Taking responsible for the electrical testing and final inspection of oil immersed distribution and dry transformers.
- Having the role as local electrical safety advisor for electrical testing of oil immersed distribution and dry transformers.
- Problem-solving and root-cause analysis within electrical testing and final inspection.
- Driving and taking lead of improvements in the test rooms and final inspection process.
- Taking responsible for the control of the production process and the statistics, analysis and improvement of the process inspection data, as well as the control and determination of production non-conforming products in the production process.
- Participating in the investigation of technical problems, as well as the establishment of procedures, corrective and preventative Actions to avoid recurrences.
- Executing the local approach to continuous improvement and strategy deployment via Lean six sigma. Facilitate best practice sharing within your location.
- Driving transformational projects, within the scope of responsibility, with a hands-on (Gemba) and problem-solving approach (KAIZEN).
- Providing training, coaching and facilitation support to individuals and teams so that they are better equipped to drive their improvement efforts for themselves.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical power and machines engineering.
- 3 years of experience as a quality control engineer.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements, IEC and relevant standards is a must.
- Strong skills in lean Six Sigma.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com