|Location||Beijing, Beijing, China|
The Project Execution team are at the heart of our organisation, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. You will support Power Grid, Grid Integration (PGGI). With analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of Contract Management in the assigned projects. You are a reliable partner, when it comes to the preparation of contracts/subcontracts, contract administration and project execution. You will be ensuring contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed protecting Power Grid’s interests throughout project(s) lifecycle.
- Ensure that own assigned portfolio of contracts or specific project(s) in the business, follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Provide guidance and leadership on contract related matters to cross¬ functional business team members.
- Develop contract strategy based on Power Grid’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Identify the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlights areas of opportunities and potential risk.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts / subcontracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Verify that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Assess the success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting.
- Document and communicate to all relevant parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
- Establish and enforce standard methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes / claims (passive/active) coming from / towards third parties.
- In concert with Power Grid Legal, develop the negotiation strategy and supports negotiations. Support Power Grid Legal in handling formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings. Notify and liaise with Power Grid Legal to report major claims and keeps Power Grid Legal updated on any critical development during project execution.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Economics or Law.
- More than10 years of experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant Contract Management and Subcontract Management functions (with emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
- Ability to read, write, speak and negotiate in Chinese & English.
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Excellent interface with customers and subcontractors in regard to all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Good to work in a corporate office and/or project site environment.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com #LI-NEA1
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance