|Location||Zürich, Oerlikon, Zurich, Switzerland|
You as a Global Product Manager Disconnectors, will be part of Power Grids business and reporting to the Global Product Group Manager, you are responsible for the long term profitable growth and marketing of the Hitachi ABB Power Grids offering to targeted market segments, by developing and managing it through all of its life cycle phases, according to market needs and Product Group strategy and targets.
- Market situation analysis : Leading market intelligence analysis. Understanding and defining current market segmentation and related product/system/service positioning. Identifies potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Existing products : Owning the technical and market specification for the product/system/service and determines a product/system/service business plan that supports sustainable growth. Leading life cycle management process,
- analyses current product/system/service , defining and tracking performance metrics, planning appropriate measures and making decisions on product/system/service obsolescence and end-of life to ensure current and future market requirements are met and maximize profitability.
- Internal/external interface : Acting as interface between external market and internal functions, forecasting volume trends on a regular basis to ensure Operation’s capability to fulfil customer orders. Setting targets and monitors product/system/service costs, giving inputs to Operations functions to maximize competitiveness and profitability.
- New product development : Defining new product/system/service plans, sets technical, price, cost and capital expenditure targets. Contributing to development of new portfolios by leading customer need and value analysis, planning the roadmap to create maximum value, follow-up of product/system/service portfolio performance.
- Product market communications : Initiating and driving product market communication strategy, including product launch planning and implementation. Managing different channel to market scenarios in coordination with channel partners and Marketing & Sales to ensure best market coverage.
- Product values : Defining product customer value proposition per segment and channel and ensuring clear communication to channels and users, to deliver clear product/system/service positioning within the portfolio with defined values per product/system/service line.
- Offering to market & pricing management : Responsible for product/system/service profitability and margin. Drives the annual business planning process and facilitates agreement between sales demand and supply. Monitoring global sales target fulfilment and tender volumes and takes action as appropriate.
- Process development and training : Continuously developing product management processes and tools, including interfaces to other key functions and developing sales and tendering tools to support the Sales organization. Initiating creation of external and internal product training modules and programs.
- Innovation : Initiating and driving cross functional and cross-organization product and solution innovation teams,
- monitoring development of all standards and market trends and providing inputs to Research & Development (R&D) for patent screening process and intellectual property rights protection.
- People leadership and development : Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Safety and Integrity : Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree within Engineering or Marketing field.
- 3-5 years minimum Product Management experience.
- Technical affinity, commercial thinker, motivated by high customer exposure.
- High level of responsibility taking.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Charlene Blaquiere Global Talent Partner Hitachi ABB Power Grids #LI-CSE1