|Location||LILYDALE, Victoria, Australia|
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. Opportunity to join our Power Grids, High Voltage business as a Service technician is now available. We are looking for an experience individual who is also willing to travel around Australia to perform works at our customer sites and workshops. The focus for this role will be to execute Installation, commissioning, repair, maintenance activities specific to customer requirements. Proactively identify potential opportunities to improve reliability of equipment and recommend actions through communication with the customer thereby contributing to service growth.
- Live by Company core values of safety, quality, and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Carry out service installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair work and other service-related activities on High Voltage Switchgear associated with Transmission and Generation industries.
- Diagnose technical problems, determine, and implement corrective actions.
- Execute service activities on time within budget with expected quality and focus on safety.
- End to end management of Service activities including coordination with customer and all stakeholders.
- Maintains and strengthens working relationship with customers.
- Interact with and support sales team on potential business opportunities.
- Prepares all safety, financial, technical documents and reports associated with service activities.
- Proactively identify and participate in performance improvements within the business to enhance operations and customer service.
- Undertake Product training to develop skill sets, further enhance product knowledge and grow as product specialist.
- Minimum experience of 3+ years in a similar role within the Power Industry.
- Experience in High Voltage, Medium Voltage, Circuit Breakers and Metal Enclosed Capacitor Banks is an advantage.
- A-grade electrical license
- Customer focused, ability to communicate effectively, work within a team, and follow instructions as well as be able to work individually.
- Must hold and maintain unrestricted electrical license and driving license.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Diversity and Inclusion Statement Power Grids is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognizes the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.