|Location||Dubai, Dubay, Utd.Arab Emir.|
You as a Senior Service Project Manager – UAE will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business based in Dubai, UAE. You will be leading the execution of medium-size projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi ABB Power Grids policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety and environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Project leadership: Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks and motivation and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Project portfolio: Ensuring that the portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and Hitachi ABB Power Grids policies.
- Instructions and guidelines: Ensuring that Hitachi ABB Power Grids policies are consistently followed. Developing, customizing and continuously improves standard processes and work instructions by adopting Hitachi ABB Power Grids and external best practices. Ensuring that lessons learned from project execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated in continuous improvement actions.
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and tracks costs or estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Reviewing and approving scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Operations Planning: Participating in Sales and Operations Planning with other members of the ME Service OU Team and takes actions to close potential gaps in project execution capacity.
- Project Execution and Control: Projecting execution and preparation of project reviews. Taking an active role in resolving escalated project issues, especially those raised by customers. Ensuring that projects are formally closed out, as contractually agreed.
- Contract and Claims: Ensuring that all projects consistently apply contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi ABB Power Grids policies and contractual agreements.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE): Validating and supporting that adequate HSE measures are taken in the respective project operations functions and that an HSE culture is implemented and maintained in the organization.
- People leadership and development: Managing assigned resources for activities, assigns tasks to team members, and supervises workload and work allocation within the team. Ensuring appropriate competencies are developed and acquired within the team to support development and succession planning. Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect employees with the support of HR processes.
- Safety and integrity: Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- More than 8 years’ experience as Project Manager in the similar industry. Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
- Experience with SAP PS, MS Project, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and other software.
- Should have Hitachi ABB Power Grids PM certification or similar.
- Understanding of project contracts, consortiums agreements and Incoterms 2010.
- Ability to assess, propose and implement solutions for rapid recovery of troubled or challenged projects. Must be self-motivated with a high level of creativity.
- Proven communication and management of customer relations skills.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com #LI-MEA1