- Decentralized architecture optimizes throughput in real time and ensures scalability
- Automatic RF channel and band selection, coupled with access to 653 MHz of spectrum, provides superior interference avoidance
- Network performance and capacity maximized by automatic optimization of power and rate on per-connection and per-packet basis
- Integrated firewall and IPsec VPN to enable defense-in-depth security at network edge
- Cost-effective, compact, lightweight design streamlines site sourcing and deployment
- Can be used in hazardous locations and are reliable access points in extreme environments
Rugged Mesh Router - TropOS 6420-XA
The Tropos 6420-XA industrial rugged mesh router delivers high reliability and performance in extreme operating or hazardous environments.
It provides superior reliability by accessing 653 MHz of RF spectrum using the automatic interference avoidance capabilities of Tropos Mesh OS. The Tropos 6420-XA uses 802.11a/b/g/n wireless standards to deliver 600 Mbps total wireless data rate, 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz, and another 300 Mbps at 5 GHz.
An optimal solution for critical applications, the Tropos 6420-XA industrial mesh router is well-suited for utilities, oil and gas exploration and production, mining, and industrial process control. The router provides a reliable and resilient communication network foundation for deploying multiple, concurrent mission-critical applications. The Tropos 6420-XA can either serve as a gateway interface for capacity injection into the mesh network or as a node to extend or reinforce network connectivity.
With the ability to create and expand higher-capacity mesh networks, the Tropos 6420-XA router supports 2x2 MIMO in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. It enables meshing and client connectivity in both frequency bands. A single-radio, 2.4 GHz version, the Tropos 6410-XA, is also available.
The Tropos 6420-XA is specifically designed for use in extreme or hazardous (ATEX) operating environments such as low or high temperatures, high winds, or salt fog.
The Tropos 6420-XA can be ordered with two Ethernet ports that can be used to inject capacity into the mesh network and attach client devices such as video cameras or with one Ethernet port that can be used to inject capacity into the network plus a serial (RS-232/RS-485) interface. Its antennas can be mounted remotely from the router itself.
Download the Tropos 6420-XA data sheet for additional information and contact our technical team with any questions.