Harnessing renewables to supplement the grid
Transmission and distribution of electricity through a power grid that combines power generated at all voltage levels from intermittent renewable sources along with traditional generation is very challenging. While generating power from traditional fuel sources can be scheduled, renewable power generation is less predictable. With a high penetration of renewables, they are requested to contribute to stabilizing frequency and voltage.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers renewable plant automation solutions that help in simplifying plant operations, improving grid compliant renewable power production and maximizing asset return on investments. The pioneering automation technology provides monitoring and control for individual plants, generating energy from a mix of renewable sources, through to the remote management of a fleet of plants.
- Unified automation solution covering entire grid-connected renewables value chain
- Integration of all plant assets into a single management system
- Comprehensive plant monitoring, diagnostics, and control
- Improved asset performance and increased power production
- Seamless grid integration and grid code compliance
- Optimized operations & maintenance of entire power plants
- After-sales support services across all global locations
- Renewable SCADA and Control
- Remote monitoring, analytics and forecasting
- Value-add support services
Monitor, control and operate all your renewable power plants in-real time. The unified SCADA and Control functionality allows you to seamlessly manage multiple PV and winds plants, spread across various locations. The holistic solution include power production optimization, fleet analysis, grid integration and real-time plant monitoring using ergonomic HMI. For wind farms, wake-based power optimization is offered with the aim of achieving 4% to 7% production improvement.
Our remote monitoring solution provides a unified interface to monitor all types of renewables plants, from anywhere and at any time. The solution comes with built-in PV and wind KPI libraries to measure plant performance: energy efficiency, energy production loss, inverter availability and more. All critical plant level data are collected, stored in real-time and made available through customized reports and dashboards. The solution is also offered in SaaS (system as a service) model for customers who wants to eliminate upfront infrastructure costs.
Protect renewable assets and maximize your investments with our round-the-clock support services. Our globally spread-out skilled teams provide engineering support, predictive maintenance and troubleshooting services.